Nowhere in the world offers such a variety of scenery, culture, wildlife and adventure.
We have been offering holidays to Latin America since 2002 and are established as one of the UK’s leading operators to the region.
Discover the best wildlife, culture and adventure with Llama Travel Africa.
Established in 2002, we are one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators, providing high quality holidays at the lowest possible prices.
- Contact Us
- About Llama Travel
- Why Choose Llama Travel?
- How Our Holidays Work
- How to Book
- Financial Security
- Responsible Travel
- What our customers say
Amazing scenery, fabulous beaches, rich culture, beautiful cities and some of the friendliest people in the world. With the country’s political situation and image improving greatly in recent years, Colombia is fast becoming known as one of the most exciting destinations in Latin America.
The landscapes are incredible and varied, from the high Andes and the abundant greenery and rolling hills of the coffee region, where Colombia’s famous Arabica blend is produced, to the white sand beaches of Tayrona on the Caribbean coast and the exotic cloud forest of the Cocora Valley. Bogota, the capital, boasts many galleries, restaurants and bars as well as a beautiful colonial centre, whilst picturesque Cartagena is a charming and historical fortified city, known for its heavy association with pirates in the Caribbean. Colombia also has a rich and interesting history. The region was home to many pre-Hispanic cultures, including the Incas, prior to the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadors, all of whom have left their mark on the country. The cities and landscapes are wonderful, but it is perhaps the warmth and friendliness of its people that will remain longest in the memory; they are proud of their country and excited to share it with you.
- When to Travel: Great to visit all year round, however October and November are the wettest months in the highlands
- Population: 48 million
- Area: 1,141,748 km2 (almost 5 times the area of the UK)
- Capital City: Bogota (population 8 million)
- Languages Spoken: Spanish. Indigenous languages spoken in some communities
- Time Difference: GMT - 5 hours
- Flying time from UK: Approximately 11.5 hours for a direct flight. Approximately 14-15 hours including a change of plane
- Bordering Countries: Peru, Ecuador, Brazil, Venezuela
- Key Destinations: Bogota, Cartagena, Medellín, Coffee Region, Tayrona National Park, Villa de Leyva