Nowhere in the world offers such a variety of scenery, culture, wildlife and adventure.
We have been offering holidays to Latin America since 2002 and are established as one of the UK’s leading operators to the region.
Discover the best wildlife, culture and adventure with Llama Travel Africa.
Established in 2002, we are one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators, providing high quality holidays at the lowest possible prices.
- Contact Us
- About Llama Travel
- Why Choose Llama Travel?
- How Our Holidays Work
- How to Book
- Financial Security
- Responsible Travel
- What our customers say
Costa Rica is one of the world’s great ecological wonders. In an area only two and a half times the size of Wales, there are smoking volcanoes, verdant rainforest, stunning tropical beaches and beautiful cloud forest. The wildlife is abundant, with monkeys, sloths, iguanas, turtles and over 850 species of birds: more than in Europe or North America.
Thanks to Costa Rica’s small size, and its good road network, it is possible to see an incredible variety of landscapes and animal life, and then relax on one of the beautiful rainforest-fringed beaches, all in a couple of weeks.
- When to Travel: November to August (September to October is the worst of the rainy season)
- Population: 4.5 million
- Area:51, 100 km2 (approximately one fifth the size of the UK)
- Capital City: San Jose (population 2 million in the greater metropolitan area)
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Time Difference: GMT - 6 hours
- Flying time from UK: Approximately 11 hours for a direct flight, 15 - 18 including changing planes
- Bordering Countries: Panama, Nicaragua
- Key Destinations: Tortuguero, Arenal, the cloud forest, San Jose, Manuel Antonio, Corcovado National Park