Discover the best culture and adventure with Llama Travel.
We have been offering holidays to Latin America since 2002 and are established as one of the UK’s leading operators to the region.
Discover the best wildlife, culture and adventure with Llama Travel.
Established in 2002, we are one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators, providing high quality holidays at the lowest possible prices.
- Contact Us
- About Llama Travel
- Why Choose Llama Travel?
- How Our Holidays Work
- How to Book
- Financial Security
- Responsible Travel
- What our customers say
The fifth largest country in the world, both by size and population, Brazil occupies almost half of the South American continent and has an extraordinarily rich natural and cultural diversity. When travelling here, it can often feel as if you are visiting several completely different countries at once. Brazil is blessed with a wealth of attractions, including the magical Amazon Rainforest, a stunning coastline spanning over 4,500 miles, a dizzying abundance of wildlife in the Pantanal wetland, and the majestic Iguaçu waterfalls.
The story of Brazil’s past is largely shaped by the prominence of the sugar cane and gold mining industries, which flourished during the country’s years as a Portuguese colony. Sugar cane production sparked prosperity in the port city of Salvador, Brazil’s first capital, where African slaves bore a cultural influence which is felt to this day. The discovery of gold shifted power towards the south and to Rio de Janeiro, situated amid lush tropical forest rolling into white Atlantic beaches. These dynamic cities continue to thrive on the music, colour and dance for which they are known, portraying to the world the passionate, life-loving and vibrant spirit of the Brazilian nation.
- When to Travel: Rio, the Iguaçu Falls and Salvador are great to visit all year round. It is best to visit the Amazon and the Pantanal between May and October
- Population: 205 million
- Area: 8,515,767 km2 (35 times the area of the UK)
- Capital City: Brasilia (population 25 million)
- Languages Spoken: Portuguese
- Time Difference: GMT – 3 hours for Rio, the Iguaçu Falls and Salvador. GMT – 4 hours for the Pantanal and Manaus
- Flying time from UK: Approximately 12 hours for a direct flight to Rio, approximately 15 hours including a change of plane
- Bordering Countries: Argentina, Peru, Uruguay, Bolivia, Paraguay, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana
- Key Destinations: Rio de Janeiro, the Iguaçu Falls, the Pantanal, the Amazon rainforest, Salvador, Bahia coast