Discover the best culture and adventure with Llama Travel.
We have been offering holidays to Latin America since 2002 and are established as one of the UK’s leading operators to the region.
Discover the best wildlife, culture and adventure with Llama Travel.
Established in 2002, we are one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators, providing high quality holidays at the lowest possible prices.
- Contact Us
- About Llama Travel
- Why Choose Llama Travel?
- How Our Holidays Work
- How to Book
- Financial Security
- Responsible Travel
- What our customers say
Argentina has some of the most dramatic landscapes on the planet, with an incredible diversity of natural attractions. The steppe of Patagonia in the south is home to vast sheep ranches and to the breathtaking Perito Moreno glacier, one of the world’s great natural wonders, where huge chunks of ice crash into Lago Argentino as the glacier advances. Tierra del Fuego, on the Beagle Channel, is the southernmost tip of the Americas.
Iguazu Falls, straddling the border of Argentina and Brazil, are possibly the most spectacular waterfalls in the world, with over 270 separate falls, up to 80 metres high, stretching for a mile and a half through lush sub-tropical jungle.
However, natural wonders are only part of the attraction, and Buenos Aires has long been the cultural capital of Spanish South America, where the people pride themselves on enjoying the good life, with excellent food, wine and sophisticated tango.
- When to Travel: Northern Argentina is great to visit all year round. Between November and April is the best time to visit Patagonia
- Population: 43 million
- Area: 2,780,400 km2 (almost 11 times the size of the UK)
- Capital City: Buenos Aires (population 13 million in the greater metropolitan area)
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Time Difference: GMT - 3 hours
- Flying time from UK: Approximately 14 hours for a direct flight, 15-16 hours including changing planes
- Bordering Countries: Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil
- Key Destinations: Buenos Aires, Iguaçu Falls, Patagonia, Puerto Moreno Glacier, Tierra del Fuego