Nowhere in the world offers such a variety of scenery, culture, wildlife and adventure.
We have been offering holidays to Latin America since 2002 and are established as one of the UK’s leading operators to the region.
Discover the best wildlife, culture and adventure with Llama Travel Africa.
Established in 2002, we are one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators, providing high quality holidays at the lowest possible prices.
- Contact Us
- About Llama Travel
- Why Choose Llama Travel?
- How Our Holidays Work
- How to Book
- Financial Security
- Responsible Travel
- What our customers say
Chile contains some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet, ranging from the steppe of Patagonia in the south to the desert in the north.
The country is almost 2,700 miles long but barely more than 100 miles at its widest. The amazing Torres del Paine is one of world’s great national parks, with trekking, horse riding and mountain biking. The Atacama Desert in the north presents a stark contrast. This is the driest place on earth, and home to incredible scenery, from dramatic moonscapes, to the largest geyser field in the southern hemisphere. The Lake District contains beautiful volcanoes, lakes and forests. Easter Island, in the South Seas, is a beautiful volcanic island, but it is the incredible giant statues scattered across the landscape that make this one of the strangest places anywhere in the world. Santiago, the capital of Chile, is a modern city at the foothills of the Andes. The area around the city produces some of the best wines in South America.
- When to Travel: November to April
- Population: 18 million
- Area: 756,096 km2 (over 3 times the size of the UK)
- Capital City: Santiago (population 5 million)
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Time Difference: GMT – 3 hours (GMT – 5 hours for Easter Island)
- Flying time from UK: Approximately 16 – 17 hours, including a change of plane
- Bordering Countries: Argentina, Peru, Bolivia
- Key Destinations: Patagonia, Torres del Paine, Santiago, Easter Island, Atacama Desert, Lake District